169: Todd Herman – Creating An Alter Ego To Uplevel Creative Performance
“We all naturally do this. We aspire to be the heroes that we see out there, and we put on their uniform or jersey and try to activate that better version of ourself.”
Would you believe it if you heard that Beyonce uses an alter ego to overcome her anxiety on stage? Did you know that many of the top performers in the world, from sports to the arts, perform as somebody else?
Believe it or not, using alter egos can let you get past your own blocks and stories to get in the zone and perform at your highest ability. And today’s guest on NION Radio, Todd Herman, will help you get there. Todd has clocked over 15,000 hours on the field of play working one-on-one with people from all backgrounds and circumstances to develop an impenetrable mindset. Knowing the mental performance game better than anyone, Todd’s execution and mindset strategies and systems are used by businesses, entrepreneurs, entertainers, athletes around the world.
Listen in to learn the importance of an alter ego in your creative work, how to develop your own, and how best to put it into practice in your daily life.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“The moment you shift your identity, it changes behaviors, attitudes, and beliefs because you are no longer shackled to your own narrative.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How Todd’s experience as an athlete growing up led him to use the “alter ego” effect [2:54]
- How this alter ego can affect our creativity [9:30]
- The different types of alter egos that can manifest in a person’s life [16:46]
- The practice of stepping into these different identities [23:33]
- How Todd short circuits the ten thousand hour rule [33:24]
- What challenges people face when growing in their work [41:10]
- Why you should always work with the best [43:16]
- Why “fake it til you make it” just doesn’t work [51:27]