162: Gerry Powell – How Plant Medicine Can Change Your Life
“I’m not a thought leader, I’m not woke, I’m a guy that’s a cheerleader for a plant.”
I’m so happy to introduce you to Gerry Powell, today’s guest on NION Radio. 10 years ago, Gerry had just sold his company for $94 million dollars, had 5 houses, 20 plus cars, and 2 planes. He had achieved the American dream but was hooked on Demerol, was an alcoholic and was suicidal. Not even the top addiction rehab in the world could free him from his pain. But when a friend introduced him to an African plant, in one night he was healed from a lifetime of suffering. Today, Gerry is happy and free, and driven by the ease of awakening through plant medicine versus conventional routes, he has made it his life’s mission to show others there can be a shortcut to happiness.
Being the founder and organizer of the Rhythmia event, I got to spend a lot of time around Gerry Powell during my time there, and he has given me so much in my own journey with my life and spirituality through plant medicine. Listen in to learn how Gerry began working with plant medicine, what Rhythmia has done for him and others, and how he uses data to improve the event.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“Anytime you have a date with divinity, you are changed.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How Gerry went from successful but depressed to a fully changed person through plant medicine [5:52]
- Why Gerry doesn’t consider himself a thought leader [12:19]
- What inspired the development of Rhythmia [14:55]
- What our experiences with plant medicine can teach us about our world [17:41]
- Why Gerry doesn’t feel bad about not leaving Rhythmia for months at a time [21:36]
- The feeling of being merged and how it changes everything you experience in your life [29:16]
- Why having a near death experience often changes people in the same way that plant medicine does [36:27]
- Why some people are okay with doing it once, while others come back again and again [39:07]
- What Gerry means by everybody getting their “miracle” [44:23]
- How the data that Gerry is collecting is being used to create a better experience for every Rhythmia event [48:46]
- How Rhythmia’s team is maintained to keep their ceremony as good as it can be [52:17]
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
- Sh*t The Moon Said: The Miraculous and Mystical Journey of Gerard Armond Powell
- Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing