165: Christian Minson – Healing Your Life With Breathwork
“Plant medicine and breath were the mandate to bring Rythmia into existence.”
Welcome to NION Radio! Today’s episode is another part of my series on plant medicine and the wonderful people I’ve met through my journey with it. Our guest today is Christian Minson, the Director of Breathwork at Rythmia. The time he has spent with breathwork has made him an expert in the field and an invaluable asset at Rythmia, elevating people to higher states and aiding the work of the plant medicine through the breath.
Since starting his work as a monk in the hills of West Los Angeles, Christian has always been looking for a higher purpose and an elevated state of consciousness. Soon after leaving his lifestyle as a monk, he started going deeply into breathwork and learned how much it can help you heal, and the simple but profound power of it moved him.
Christian’s work at Rythmia is a culmination of his years of practice and research, and through his work, he has impacted and accelerated the learning of every participant he has worked with there. Listen in to learn what breathwork is, how it is working with the brain and your consciousness, and how you can use it to elevate your creativity.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“What our body, mind, and soul runs on is prana. Oxygen happens to be the element that carries prana in abundance.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Christian’s long history with breathwork and teaching its process [3:23]
- Why Christian moved on from the Monk lifestyle [9:41]
- How breathwork became a career path for Christian [14:42]
- The differences between different styles of breathwork [19:41]
- What’s happening in our brain when you participate in breathwork, and how it can facilitate creativity [21:52]
- How Christian utilizes breath to get into his own creative space [26:51]
- Where you can go to work on your breath with others [29:24]
- How Gerry and Christian met and how he started working at Rythmia [31:01]
- What makes Rythmia such a unique place to try plant medicine [38:59]
- What a breath session looks like [45:00]
- 161: Experimenting with Plant Medicine
- 162: Gerry Powell – How Plant Medicine Can Change Your Life
- 163: Dr. Jeff McNairy – How Plant Medicine Works In Your Brain
- 164: How Breathwork Has Helped My Creative Flow
- Autobiography of a Yogi by P. Yogananda