47: How To Create a Career in Art Part 5/15 – Create Your Moments
Creating is a conscious choice.
Creating a high profile career in fashion and lifestyle photography is gratifying, but what it took from me to get there is the real gift.
During the last ten years of creating this career, I’ve learned a few things that might be useful to the up-and-comers. In this collection of episodes I break down the process that I used to make a living with my art. These tips go beyond my world of photography and transcend into any creative venture.
The lessons can be useful if you’re into illustration, fashion design, fashion blogging, music, performing arts, writing or any other creative hustle. Think of it like the DNA of a creative professional. Think of it like the building blocks of inspiration.
This is the Fifth installment of my 15 part series on how to make a career in art.
I challenge you to create authenticity in your life.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How I created the Create Your Moments social tag [1:30]
- The importance of leaving space for spontaneity [2:00]
- Creating your moments is about the conscious choice to create [2:40]
- How every person is born to create something [3:45]
- Don’t let your circumstance run your life [4:20]
- The difficulty of going against the grain [4:40]
- The difference between pros and amateurs [5:10]
- How to combat your fear [5:40]
- When you create your moments, that’s where your art and inspiration will come from [7:10]
- Why you should start creating your own moments [7:45]
- To create the life you want, you have to start with the small moments [8:50]