187: Coronamania: From Survival To Creation
“We have to learn to assess what is, shift our perspective, move forward, and do what we can to help other people.”
Today I want to talk about what is happening now: the Coronapocalypse! Things are not as they once were. I have been seeking ways to live a deeper and more soulful life for as long as I can remember. And how does this relate to our current state of emergency? Survival to creation is something we feel on a daily basis that has been amplified during these scary times.
There are three things being threatened: our health, our wealth, and our families. While I am worried about myself, I am much more worried about my family — and I know I am not alone. A few future jobs of mine have already been canceled and this is happening across the board.
It is a good time to take a step back and reassess. It is a great time to address and work on your coping methods. For example, one coping method that I have used in the past and continue to use is breathwork. I talk more in-depth about this practice in Episode 164: How Breathwork Has Helped My Creative Flow.
Listen in to today’s episode to hear how to stay sane at home, why gratitude is so important right now, and why you should choose to spend this time creating rather than ingesting the toxic news cycle.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“Your thoughts are the language of the mind and feelings are the language of the body.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How to move from survival to creation [1:00]
- How to put a name to your fear [5:35]
- How to stay fit at home [7:20]
- How to break the cycle of negative thought [8:10]
- How breathwork can mitigate stress [9:15]
- How to understand the mind-body connection [10:20]
- Why gratitude is so important [11:17]
- How to manage your time in quarantine [14:30]
- How to manage your intake of news [19:00]
How to Migrate from Survival to Creation
- Put a name to your fear
- Keep moving
- Nervous system reset
- Understand the body-mind connection
- Practice gratitude
- Find your connection to the universe
- Think about how you can use your time inside to ideate and create
- Create something for fun
- Think about how you can reinvent your business
- Be aware of what is happening but don’t overindulge