68: How to Create a Career in Art Part 15/15 – 5 Ways You Can Evolve in Your Creative Journey
Staying freshly inspired is something that fuels your new work and evolution.
Creating a high profile career in fashion and lifestyle photography is gratifying, but what it took from me to get there is the real gift.
During the last ten years of creating this career, I’ve learned a few things that might be useful to the up-and-comers. In this collection of episodes, I break down the process that I used to make a living with my art. These tips go beyond my world of photography and transcend into any creative venture.
The lessons can be useful if you’re into illustration, fashion design, fashion blogging, music, performing arts, writing or any other creative hustle. Think of it like the DNA of a creative professional. Think of it like the building blocks of inspiration.
This is the fifteenth installment of my 15 part series on how to make a career in art.
If you’re in the act of creating and you’re moving in the right direction, you’re growing.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Why evolve or evaporate stuck out to me from Usher’s episode [1:40]
- Why you can’t become stagnant [2:30]
- How artistic evolution ebbs and flows [2:55]
- Why you have to always push your boundaries [3:15]
- Why you have to get out and travel [4:15]
- Try a different craft or hobby [5:20]
- Why it’s important to create for yourself [6:10]
- Why you have to be in the mind space for creating [6:55]