157: Nick Onken – How I Got Scammed For $4,000
“We can’t choose our circumstances or what happens to us, but we can certainly choose what we do with it.”
It happened while I was on a trip, of course. While out of town, I got an offer for a sweet gig that I was hard pressed to turn down. But so it goes that this offer was too good to be true.
Today on NION Radio, I’m not talking about what I lost or why my life sucks, but rather what I learned, and what others can learn, from our mistakes and our experiences. Listen in to learn how I turned this otherwise frustrating experience into one I could learn from, and what you can do to avoid this happening to you.
Read the A Photo Editor article on the whole scam here: http://aphotoeditor.com/2019/01/09/scam-alert-fake-departures-magazine-shoot/
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“We can choose to take responsibility and ask ‘what is the universe teaching me from this?’.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How the scammer flew under Nick’s radar [1:41]
- Nick’s first attempts at vetting his client [4:33]
- When Nick started to get suspicious of this new client [5:53]
- When Nick realized he got duped [7:48]
- What lessons can be learned from this experience [8:53]
- Why you need to be diligent and keep believing in the good of the universe [12:27]