Staying Creative and Paying Your Bills
“The game of money making and staying creative has always been the challenge of the artist’s journey.”
We know the feeling of that amazing burst of inspiration. It’s the feeling we live for as artists, when the muse strikes and it’s effortless, and we feel energized and ready for whatever comes next. But the feeling many artists know probably even better is the feeling when we can’t find the time, juggling the maintenance of our business or whatever banal life activities we need to do to stay afloat.
On today’s episode, we’re going to talk about how we don’t have to wait for that inspiration to strike, or for that perfect time to appear before us. We’re talking about how to stay creative as an artist and entrepreneur, even when times are tough and we don’t seem to have an ounce of motivation. I go over five tips for staying creative and how they have worked for me through my artistic journey, and how you can apply them to your life, no matter where you are in yours.
Like Pablo Picasso once said, “Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.” So let’s make sure we keep working and keep that creativity flowing. Listen in to this episode to learn five tips to stay motivated and keep making, wherever you are in your business and artistic journey.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“Overcoming fear and uncertainty are two of the biggest things [in staying creative].”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Why making a living with your art is not something for the weary [2:50]
- The artist practice of “hustle and flow” [4:05]
- The importance of getting scrappy [4:40]
- Why getting a regular job can be a great creativity boost [7:45]
- The most overlooked component of staying creative [8:30]
- What you gain from just finding things that inspire you to keep making [9:50]
- The necessity of making things for yourself and nobody else [10:40]