Five Mistakes Beginner Creatives Make
It’s easy to find yourself analyzing everything and not actually creating.
Today I want to talk about some of the mistakes I see people make when they are just beginning the journey of their career in art. And while these mistakes are common when you’re just starting, they can be made (and often are) no matter where you are in your career.
I’ve been falling into some of these lately myself, and sometimes reminding myself of misplaced frustration or my own impatience can help me get back into my sandbox so I can keep creating.
There will be ups and downs in your career, and the downs can feel really really down.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Mistake 1: Doing it for the image or to “be cool” [1:50]
- Mistake 2: Being entitled [3:10]
- Mistake 3: Analysis paralysis [5:05]
- Mistake 4: Lack of patience [6:15]
- Mistake 5: If you can’t deal with uncertainty, get out now [7:55]