Art, Fear, and Resilience
Business is always going to have ups and downs, and the creatives that succeed are the ones that push through that.
Today I’m talking about something that has been on my mind for a long time now, something that relates to my own creative journey lately and what I’ve been going through, and that is art, fear, and resilience. I think especially in jobs as artists and creatives we have to deal a lot with the way the industries change, and you have to keep evolving and adapting while also confronting your own fears and doubts. Combine all of this with the fact that you are running a business and it can be a lot!
This is why it’s so important to be resilient; Every creative journey has highs and lows and you have to push through those, bounce back from the hard times, trust in your vision, and push yourself.
Be resilient, pick up, move on.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- You have to keep adapting and evolving in any creative industry [3:00]
- A quote I love from Art & Fear [4:00]
- The narratives that keep us from creating [5:40]
- Why we are always trying to close the gap between our vision and what we actually produce [6:30]
- The importance of being resilient [7:00]
- You have to create constantly, through highs and lows [8:30]
- Another book I read about making money [9:30]
- How money is a vehicle to do the things we want [10:00]