133: Nick Onken – 10 Things I Learned This Year (2017)
When you create a higher self, that elevates your game.
Happy new year! I hope you celebrated and had fun sending out 2017 with a bang. I also hope you took the time to write down some goals for 2018, to think about what you want to build and create this year. I did a lot of learning in 2017, and on today’s episode I’m talking about the lessons I’m taking away from last year and applying to this new year.
As always, I’d love it if you joined my online community to share questions, inspiration, and become a part of the crew. You can also take our creative quiz and get content that’s curated just for you.
It’s about evolving to have a long-lasting career in creativity.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Mindset is everything to success [2:10]
- You are a mean making machine [4:20]
- Focus on your zone of genius [5:30]
- Be of value [6:15]
- Create something every day, even if it sucks [6:55]
- Curate your surroundings [8:00]
- A novice says “I already knew that,” a master says “thank you for the reminder.” [9:05]
- Relationships are everything [10:00]
- Evolve or evaporate [11:00]
- Practice self care [12:15]