5 Mind and Body Hacks
Anything that could get me stronger, faster, smarter, more creative, I’m into it.
Today I’m talking to my friend Matt Gallant, who is a poker champion, ex-rock guitarist, has a degree in kinesiology, and is the CEO of BiOptimizers. I really wanted to share with you some of Matt’s tricks for mind and body hacking.
I’ve gotten really into this kind of stuff, how to optimize your sleep, water technology, neuro-feedback, light, nootropics. I’m all about hacking the mind and body to access higher levels of creativity and productivity.
Matt mentions a lot of products that he uses, and we’ve linked all of those up in the notes below. And be sure to use the code NICK10 to buy something on Matt’s site BiOptimizers to receive 10% off!
At the end of the day, your success will go to another level as soon as you figure out what your core essence is.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How Matt got into biohacking [3:50]
- How to become more whole-brain [8:05]
- Why Matt started sleep hacking [10:40]
- The importance of quantity versus quality of sleep [13:00]
- What tools Matt uses to get good sleep [13:35]
- How to get deeper sleep [15:10]
- The benefits of getting good sleep [19:10]
- Why you have to get enough water [34:10]
- What water technology Matt uses [35:40]
- The five kinds of brainwave states [42:40]
- What neuro-feedback does [45:20]
- How you can practice neuro-feedback [49:20]
- What is low level laser therapy (LLLT) [51:30]
- What is the best light [54:05]
- Matt’s favorite brain supplements [56:20]
- Why you shouldn’t underestimate the importance of digestion [1:01:30]
- Learn more about Matt’s company BiOptimizers
- Sleep tools that Matt uses: The Oura Ring, Power Sleep, Swanwick glasses, Chilipad, Essentia, Casper, Less EMF, Delta Sleeper, Earth Pulse, grounding sheets, and the Stetzerizer
- Tools that Matt uses to optimize his water: Your Body’s Many Cries for Water and Enagic
- Workshops and tools to learn and use neuro feedback: Biocybernaut, 40 Years of Zen, and Joovv
- Nootropics and supplements you might want to try: VieLight, Quantlet, Brain On from E3Live, Oxaloacetate, CBD, Modafinil, Racetam, Qualia, Masszymes, and P3-OM Probiotics
- Get Matt’s guide on How to Triple Your Productivity
- Music Credit: Lately I’ve Felt Unusual by Hello