Ten Books for Creative Entrepreneurs Part 1
The more that you listen to that inner voice and let inspiration be your guide, the more you are accessing your flow state.
Today I’m talking about books for the creative entrepreneur. In the first of a two part series, I want to tell you about five books that have inspired me. These books are great for learning about creativity, both the artistic process and the business side of it. Whether you’re a creative entrepreneur or an entrepreneur in general, I think these books will be super helpful to you.
The only way you’re going to get jobs or get feedback is to get your work in front of people.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Why I like to use a Kindle or iPad for most reading [1:25]
- How Steal Like an Artist addresses the idea that everything has been done [2:00]
- Show Your Work is about getting your work in front of people [2:40]
- The best form of feedback I’ve gotten [3:25]
- Why I found Elizabeth Gilbert’s book Big Magic interesting [3:55]
- Start With Why is all about creating a business that drives your why [4:40]
- Read about the difference between pros and amateurs in Turning Pro [5:20]
- Check out the books mentioned in this episode:
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- Show Your Work by Austin Kleon
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Watch Simon Sinek’s Ted Talk
- Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
- The War of Art Steven Pressfield
- Music Credit: Spoons by Danky