How Meditation Boosts Your Creativity
When people start meditating, they just start feeling a lot more serendipity, a lot more synchronicity.
These days, I am always looking for ways to optimize my health and performance, to activate my creative state, and to be an all around better human.
That’s why, after hearing Emily Fletcher, founder of Ziva Meditation, speak at a dinner salon about the neurological benefits of meditation, I signed up for one of her classes in NYC.
Emily is a former Broadway actress who discovered meditation during an extremely stressful time in her life. She came to love it so much that she started her own practice. She’s extremely knowledgeable about the neurological and health benefits of vedic meditation, which piqued my interest. Today we’re talking about the physical effects of vedic meditation, how meditation helps your creativity, and how it helps you have better sex.
When you give yourself this deep rest, the body knows how to heal itself.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How she went from Broadway to meditation teacher [03:45]
- Why she’s more interested in the happiness of pursuit than the pursuit of happiness [5:05]
- How she discovered meditation from a castmate [6:10]
- What is meditation [8:40]
- Why stress is an outdated maladaptive response [10:15]
- The differences between mindfulness and Vedic meditation [12:10]
- How meditation strengthens both sides of your brain [16:40]
- What is transcendence [19:00]
- What is the dark side of meditation [21:20]
- What is adaptation energy [25:20]
- What it was like being in New York after 9/11 [29:55]
- How meditation affected her performance and creativity [34:50]
- How meditation is like a hardware upgrade [40:40]
- The relationship between sex and stress and how meditation helps [41:50]
- What mantras are and how they’re used in meditation [48:50]
- How your body interacts with what you’re eating [55:10]
- What is enlightenment [100:35]
- Why you should cultivate what is coming in to your body and senses [1:01:35]
- Make sure to visit Ziva Meditation and Ziva Mind
- Check out Veda Holistic Health
- Read Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra
- Music Credit: Can’t Look Back Now (Strehlow Remix) by Christine Hoberg