How to Activate Your Peak Creative State
We all have times in our life that we were on fire, we were kicking ass.
As a creative, sometimes it’s hard to break old habits, to build a new version of yourself that is anchored in success.
But that’s what Andy Murphy does. Or rather, that’s what he helps multimillionaire CEOs, world class athletes, artists, MMA fighters, and Saudi royalty do. Andy is a mental peak performance coach, he uses neuro linguistic programming to reprogram the subconscious mind.
According to Andy, it’s crucial to live your life from the inside out, and to do that you have to understand hat your mind controls every fiber of your being. So your mindset, your success, your attitude – it’s all up to you.
If you’re into self development and becoming the most successful version of yourself and the most optimized human you can be, you’ll love this episode. Thanks for listening.
If you get the inside right, what happens is the outside world just mirrors it.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- What is neuro linguistic programming [5:05]
- The difficulty of breaking old habits [6:20]
- How your brain is gmail [7:30]
- What makes up our filters [8:00]
- The importance of identifying when you’re successful and when you’re not [10:15]
- How to link your future to the times in the past when you were successful [12:45]
- What are positive and negative anchors [14:10]
- Who are the old and new versions of you [15:55]
- Why the buildup to assuming that other identity causes problems [20:10]
- How his successful life crashed [23:10]
- How he reframed his use of neuro linguistic programming [25:30]
- Why you have to live your life from the inside out [27:40]
- The value of daydreaming [28:45]
- What is hypnosis and why people use it [32:00]
- Why you have to know the blueprint of how you are on your best day [35:30]
- How you can use anchors to your advantages [36:30]
- How to get out of the funk of fear [38:50]
- How creatives and entrepreneurs can use neuro linguistic programming to their advantage [40:50]
- Why your life is on autopilot [45:45]
- The value of self talk and the importance of words [47:00]
- Why your network is so crucial [51:40]
- The new level of performance is understanding that your mind controls every fiber of your body [54:35]
- What is the fastest way to change your state [59:00]
- Why you can start to build new patterns in the morning [1:00:25]
- Why you have to install your ideal self into your system [1:02:55]
- Why you should only do what really excites and inspires you [1:04:45]