How to Create a Career in Art Part 10/15 - How To Build Your Emotional Intelligence
We end up living in a world of limitation and not a world of possibility.
Creating a high profile career in fashion and lifestyle photography is gratifying, but what it took from me to get there is the real gift.
During the last ten years of creating this career, I’ve learned a few things that might be useful to the up-and-comers. In this collection of episodes I break down the process that I used to make a living with my art. These tips go beyond my world of photography and transcend into any creative venture.
The lessons can be useful if you’re into illustration, fashion design, fashion blogging, music, performing arts, writing or any other creative hustle. Think of it like the DNA of a creative professional. Think of it like the building blocks of inspiration.
This is the tenth installment of my 15 part series on how to make a career in art.
Our internal thought process dictates the way we show up in the world.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Our minds are the most powerful tool we have [2:05]
- How many thoughts we have every day, and how many are negative [2:20]
- Our thoughts create limiting beliefs about ourselves [2:55]
- The difficulty of separating our self worth from what we do as creatives [3:15]
- Why you have to learn to control your emotions and not let them control you [4:10]
- We have the choice to choose what thoughts we think [5:00]
- You can choose to listen to those negative thoughts or to acknowledge them and put a positive spin on them [5:15]
- We all have the power to choose the path we want [6:40]